Tuesday 17 February 2009

My Culinary Adventures: Cranberry Oat Scones


I finally tried my hand at this cookie/bread/pastry(i'm not too sure what it is!), which is one of my favourite tea-time munchies. Used to buy them from bakeries previously but i decided that with the amount of free time i have, i might as well try doing them.

I wanted to follow the recipe on the Net but my mom told me to try one of her cookbook recipes instead. I don't think there would be too much of difference in the taste or texture of both recipes...but the one on the Net was slightly more tedious so i went along with the cookbook haha!


Decided to try a few modifications to the recipe by adding a little lemon zest and vanilla essence and took out the salt coz i was using salted butter. I think it turned out pretty well..but one think about the scone dough is that made it too tough by over mixing and over kneading..should try to keep those to a minimum.

I thought the scones could be a little more sweeter but i think this is up to the individual taste. Overall i think its quite a simple recipe to try and shouldn't take you more than an hour or two to get this done. Its pretty versertile too in that you can add raisins or almonds or choc chips or even plain scones to be eaten with jam. Makes a delightful accompaniment for tea! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment