Saturday 12 January 2013

Out With The Old, In With The New!

It's hard getting used to quite drastic changes in my schedule of late so the oven has been getting quite a bit of rest! A brand new year ahead full of challenges, rewards and of course - more, more and more cakes!


First up, I received another order for a log cake after a recommendation from my friend to another of his and I can't stress how grateful I am for that! Another chocolate hazelnut one to round up the year!



The new oven finally arrived in the last couple of days of last year and we had to try out the temperature settings to find out the optimal one for baking. There probably couldn't be a better excuse to get baking again in the new year! 


My mum had wanted to try out a black and white cake she saw on display at a shop some time back and I had two large bars of Korean white chocolate couveture just sitting in the fridge that I hauled back from my month long exchange trip there. It wasn't long before the cake was done and topped with both the milk chocolate couveture and the white chocolate one!



We got the new oven up and running and also had a sweet start to 2013 - two birds in one stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment