Sunday 24 March 2013

Cupid's Gotta Have Cake Too!


Ok I've been putting off posting here for too many tomorrows...it's been more than a month since my last post and the backlog has been piling up!

I had never taken a Valentine's Day order before but when the opportunity came up I said yes almost immediately..I'd love to get a cake specially made for me by my significant other but since that day hasn't arrived yet, I thought it'd be awesome if I could help someone else surprise their sweetheart instead!

Baking the 50 cupcakes after work was tough but compared to this, the cupcakes were a breeze. I wanted the cake to be as fresh as possible on delivery so I gave myself a 2 day window to get it done. But I completely forgot to factor in "getting off late from work" and "Murphy's Law".


So not only was I late getting back home to start on the cake, I also had problems with getting the right consistency for the fresh cream frosting. The hot and humid weather conditions even at night made things much worse for the frosting - it was melting too easily and you really don't want to be piping designs with ultra soft cream..


It's at times like these that I truly appreciate my mum's guidance and helping had. All that years of cake making and bags of experience really shone through and she saved the day (and the order!) for me. At the end of those 2 days, I was glad I had a cake that I could be proud of and confident it'll bring a smile to a lucky someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment