Tuesday 31 December 2013

It's A Wrap!

It's raining orders! 

I was pretty much tied down for the entire Christmas/New Year stretch but I'm not complaining one bit!

Right on the heels of the largest order ever, was another for 40 cream puffs for a dear old friend. The great thing about making cream puffs is that they're pretty relatively fuss free. Get the consistency of the batter right and pipe those mounds away. Bang them into the oven and you're pretty much guaranteed little puff balls!


20 each of mango and durian cream puffs were ready in no time!


Next up was 50 Pistachio Macarons for a neighbor! Macarons have always caused heart palpitations here and 50 was really really huge an order...I was pretty sure I'd be stuck in the kitchen the entire day, throwing failed macarons in the bin and tearing my hair out at that. Luckily, it worked like clockwork this time round and all 100 shells were placed on the cooling rack as I stood watch over them like a dad whose kids have just won...something. All that was left was filling them up the day before and popping them into the fridge for a day of maturation before collection!


My sister also sneaked in a request for 30 cream puffs and I just couldn't say no! After completing the wedding order, boy, I was up for anything! 20 durian cream puffs (which seems to be a pretty hot seller!) and 10 hazelnut chocolate ones were filled and packed up just in time for her to pick them up!

With that, the kitchen/oven closes for 2013! I never thought when I began this that I'd have pretty much any orders. But friends and family have really surprised me with their support and willingness to give my creations a try..and that meant the world to me!

A whole new year of bakes and hopefully new creations and opportunities awaits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment