Friday 10 October 2014

A Rainbow Cake for The Big Baby!

The writing bug seems to have deserted me of late! But I believe a new update is waaay overdue and it's about time we had a new one..perhaps with more pictures than words!

Let's wind the clock all the way back to August where I was tasked by my sis to make a Rainbow Cake for her birthday. I was of the impression that these were more suited for little kiddie birthday parties but anyway...(hehehe!)


Looks pretty normal on the outside doesn't it! The ruffles didn't really turn out the way I wanted them to but that was the best I could pipe with a sore wrist unfortunately. Could have done with a little better contrasting between the roses and the ruffles too.



Ta-da! Was really glad that it turned out alright! Using a White Cake recipe was a good choice in the end as the egg yolk-less batter retained the vibrancy of the colours a lot better than a slightly yellow batter would have. Though it was seriously weird making a cake without any yolks!

It cut well, was pretty damn satisfying and the sis loved it..so all in all, time and effort well spent I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment