Saturday 19 May 2012

Happy Birthday!


It's a wonderful feeling you get when someone asks you to bake a birthday cake for their friends or for someone in their family. To me, that's a great deal of trust that someone places into your hands. Trust that you will give them a cake worthy of a birthday party, and trust that you won't disappoint them.

Birthday cakes are pretty stressful to make. That's a fact - well at least to me it is! I think it's because without the cake, there can be no real celebration. I can't imagine having a birthday party with no cake to blow the candles out from or having a cake that looks nothing like a birthday cake...it just doesn't make any sense!


So when my friend asked me for one I was initially hesitant to accept but I decided to go ahead with it since it was for a dear old friend's 21st birthday! You'll never know if you don't try I guess!

Chocolate overload was requested and chocolate overload it was! Basically, it was a chocolate cake with 2 layers of chocolate whipped cream sandwiched in between and topped off with a chocolate ganache covering the top and sides of the cake. No make that smothering instead of covering.


There were hitches aplenty along the way but luckily I had loads of help from my mum and sis! Thankfully it came out alright in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment