Tuesday 27 August 2013

Shirt And Tie For Dad!


Somehow, Father's Day gets totally eclipsed by Mother's Day but I guess that just goes to show how much respect and love we have for our mothers. Not that the fathers don't deserve any! I guess it's just the way it is, the world over!

Ever since I made my first mango mousse cake a couple of years back, my dad was hooked. So it wasn't difficult to decide on the filling for our annual Father's Day cake - a vanilla sponge sandwiched with 2 layers of silky and aromatic Italian mango mousse.


But me and mum wanted the decoration to be a little unique and slightly departing from the usual. So we jumped on the fondant bandwagon. She had recently bought a whole packet of white sugar paste and we weren't too sure how to use it although everyone seemed to be making really interesting cakes and decorations with sugar paste of all colours!

It was an interesting experience working with it for the first time and I think we did pretty good. Both of us didn't really like the taste of sugar paste, so we decided against covering the whole cake with a massive piece of it and instead went with a tie shaped piece that gave the cake a shirt and tie look! 


The creaming job should have been alot smoother though and could have been done in a darker colour for more contrast...

Nonetheless, he was delighted with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment