Sunday 20 June 2010

Approaching The End




My dad really loved the mango mousse cake that I brought home after my lesson last week so I decided to 'recreate' the experience for him this Father's Day. Glad that it turned out well because I was initially quite apprehensive as it was my first attempt since learning it. And I'm always not very happy with the cakes that I make at home; something just wouldn't 'feel right' for me.

3rd lesson today was great. The cakes were quite fuss free and didn't really require much slaving over. Just wasn't in the mood today and had no patience for a cake that required too much of attention. I was feeling very drained and restless all through the day...felt like a piece of dried prune or something...all shrivelled up inside. Quite sad that next week is going to be m last lesson. Sigh...=(


Pistachio Slices!


Nanachoco Cake! (It has bananas in between and its slathered in sour cream chocolate..hence the name =D)

I was sitting on my bed reflecting on things so far when it hit me that there was only about 2 months of holidays left. But for the first time in my schooling life, I wasn't sad. I was happy that school would be starting soon but not because of the daily grind it tends to drown you in like it or not, but for the fact that it means I'm closer to getting out of there. So many people have told me that life in the University is like no other, but I've never ever felt that way during my first year.

Maybe its premature to say this, but I really don't like it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment