Sunday 13 June 2010

Stuffed!

Its always nice when you finally get to meet up and spend a night out with friends with whom you shared 2 gruelling years of your life with, all through thick and thin, come hell or high water.

So I was extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to catch up with some of my buddies from army yesterday for a 'boy's night out'. Nothing too spectacular, just a crazy dinner at Marche where I was so stuffed that I think my stomach cramped!

It was my first time at Marche, and I was really intrigued and at the same time quite confused at their unique ordering system. Luckily some of my friends were 'veterans' and so I received a short crash course in ordering. Pretty soon I was stuffing my face!


Crepe of the Week with Blackforest ham!


Grilled Chicken with Baked Potato!
Bread and Butter Pudding!!

The dessert counter left me quite speechless...such was the spread available. From puddings to tarts to cakes to breads. It was like heaven set up a counter selling desserts. I could go back just for the desserts! Only had space for the Bread and Butter Pudding after the main courses, though I wish I had tasted a slice of the Strawberry Tart. Sigh...next time maybe...

Had my second baking lesson today, and it was all about mousse cakes! It's been one of my favourite desserts ever since I was 13 when I had a slice of chocolate mousse on holiday at some hotel. The rich creamy texture still lingers at the back of my mind till today...AHHHHH!

Made a couple of blunders during the lesson today but in the end I think it was quite alright. Thankfully!

We made Strawberry and Mango Mousse cakes, and I was especially happy of the Strawberry one because I had to do the decoration by myself! My partner unfortunately had to run off so I was stuck with 2 whole cakes to bring home...not that I'm complaining...

The mango one was abit screwed and there was not enough space in the cake ring to pour the topping over the mango slices top of the cake. It was abit messy looking in the end!


Strawberry Take 1!


Strawberry Take 2!


Mango Take 1!


Mango Take 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment