Sunday 6 June 2010

The 2nd Time Around

Attended the first lesson of my 2nd stint of baking lessons today. I was feeling very apprehensive as I was making the super long journey there by bus...with all the what ifs and buts running riot in my mind.

But I managed to calm myself down with some music along the way and basically telling myself that there was no real way back, the money had been paid, so just GET ON WITH IT.

It wasn't that bad as I was expecting it to be, seemed to have a good mix of novices and experts. Most importantly, the class had about 2 other guys, so at least I wasn't left feeling awkward. Was very fortunate to get a good partner who was a pleasure to talk to and work with. At least she was pretty experienced...she bakes at least twice a week! She can be my teacher then =D

Messed up the egg whites twice...sigh. Didn't have any real effect on the outcomes on both occasions but it was just frustrating anyway.

We made two cakes today: 1) German Chocolate Cake 2) Pecan Loaf Cake

Both were not bad, though the chocolate one was wayyyyy too rich for me. Picked up some new ideas for decoration too...all in all, quite a good, easy paced first lesson. But the chef did warn us that next week would be quite hectic. Very well then...

Managed to grab some pictures before packing them up. The pair opposite me had much better creativity and decorated their cake better...snagged a photo of their cake too!


Ours


Theirs


The Other One

Sigh I really suck at keeping in touch with my friends. Felt pretty very awkward just now as I was sitting on the chair staring at the computer screen. Just didn't know what to say. Hope it didn't get through the wrong way though. That would be a real shame. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment