Monday 22 August 2011

Every Birthday Needs A Cake!

My mum and I were thinking hard for ideas for my sister's birthday cake and it took almost a whole week before we decided on one. We had a rough idea of what flavour and type of cake to make but we wanted it to be a little unique, something we've never done before. We settled on making a strawberry cheesecake with a peek-a-boo center after seeing it in on of my mum's cookbooks


My mum got down to making the cake on Saturday but I didn't have much of a mood to get stuck in till much later. I stayed away after learning from past experience that if I wasn't in the mood, the cake would probably get destroyed in my hands somehow!

Getting the strawberries to stay in the pattern was quite a painstaking chore and quite unnerving too as we thought the cheese filling would drag some of the berries out of position.


Thankfully it turned out well in the end! Should have grabbed more pictures though.

No comments:

Post a Comment