Monday 10 May 2010

Black Forest....OOO Scary!

Keeping to my A Cake A Week plan and since yesterday was Mother's Day, I decided to make a Blackforest Cake as it was my mum's favourite and since I wanted to make another cream cake!

One lesson I learnt the hard way over the weekend when making the cake, was that if your heart and mind is not in it, don't even think about starting on a cake. I had to redo the cake on Saturday night after making a mess of it the first time round. Don't know why but I was just extremely distracted!



Anyway, still managed to get a decent cake out past midnight on Saturday but then decided to leave the creaming to Sunday. Let me say that this is definitely one of the more tiring cakes I've done! Even after the creaming has been done, there is still tons more to do in terms of the decoration.

My creaming skills is still not there yet so I had alot of help from my mum again in making the cake look presentable! I would like to work on creaming alone but that would mean quite a load of creamed cakes sitting around the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment