Sunday 2 May 2010

Presenting: The Tangy Mangy



Now that I finally don't have to fret over tutorials/revisions/assignments/yadayadayada, I could turn my attention back to baking at long last! I was having a hard time deciding what exactly to do 'coz I hadn't had any practise in months and was a little worried that my skills had gotten rusty.

But then again, I had never done a cream cake before and I was itching to do one sooner rather than later. So...after some deliberation, I finally decided on making a basic sponge cake with mangoes as the filling! This way, I could practise getting a good cake out of the oven and also make my first cream cake!



The creaming process was not easy for me 'coz it requires sleight of hand that I just didn't have. My mom was helping me all along the way so it didn't turn disastrous! It's gonna take alot of practise to get it right...that means more cake to eat! =)



My sister came up with the design to spiff up an otherwise drab looking white cake and she christened it Tangy Mangy! HAHAHA!! She came up with the design and did it in all of 20 minutes! AMAZING!! My mom made us both do some icing designs along the borders and also on the top just to get the feel of it. Kinda messed up some of the designs! But hey, who cares!!


No comments:

Post a Comment