Saturday 29 May 2010

Pie In The Sky!



I did mention that I had finally become the proud owner of a pie dish some days back...and today seemed like the perfect time to get the first pie out of it. My previous attempt at Pineapple Pie was quite a horrid failure, but I wanted to get that right since it's one of my favourites...so Pineapple Pie it was!

Set to work after lunch, starting with cooking the pineapples down to a soft mush with sugar and some vanilla essence for that heady smell. There's no aroma that comes close to caramelised pineapples cooking on the stove. Heaven!

The problem I encountered the last time around was with the dough for the crust, and I nearly got cornered by that again. Luckily my mum helped me roll it out without breaking the supersoft dough. Guess I must have over kneaded the dough. =X

Pineapple filling all in place and all that was left to do was to put the top on and slide it into the oven...

A good 30 minutes later, its done! Was pretty worried that the sides would get stuck to the dish but thankfully the pie slid right off...






This was my sister's glorious idea and it happened to also be the perfect way to serve a slice of pie in my mind's eye! That's a scoop of ridiculously creamy, tangy and delicious Haagen-Daz Strawberry ice cream sitting pretty atop a slice of the still warm pie.

Gooey. Sweet. Incredible.

Perfect I say!

Wish you were here to have a slice! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment